Re: Heathcare practice in Mauritius - WhatsApp

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 13:09:24 +0400

Hi SM,

On 06/21/2015 12:14 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> It's not from a report in the local press or from the government web
> site. The person mentioned that it "may not be acceptable practice in
> other countries". I sent an email to the Medical Council to ask about
> the practice. I am waiting for a reply.

Okay. I get it now.

The Data Protection Act of Mauritius strictly reminds Data Controllers
about the retention & destruction of personal data in a timely manner. I
do not believe medical practitioners would have much control over the
storage & copies of the files they are transferring through Whatsapp.

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.