Re: When domains redirect you to a facebook page

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 20:37:15 +0400

Hi folks,

The discussions on facebook pages remind me of the time when Facebook
introduced FBML[1]. I recall helping a friend with his FBML template for
a local supermarket chain in 2012. Back then it appeared like Facebook
was trying to change the face of the web. Many major brands (Victoria's
Secret for example) had their fanpage designed in FBML.

The following would give you an idea how things looked like :
http://avathemes.com/Facebook/Supreme/index.html

The markup language of Facebook did not last for long. It died early and
fan pages took a different approach. The one that we see today; with
"like" and "comment" options.

Some web developers did make money by designing fan pages :-)

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook_features#FBML

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.