Re: When domains redirect you to a facebook page

From: Cédric Poottaren <cedric_at_jcplaboratory.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 19:54:00 +0400

Hello Shelly,

> >Coming back to what SM and i discussed during the Weekly Skype meeting on Thursday; my opinion was that some companies prefer to use social networks to promote their products rather than using a website because it is the easiest and cheapest way for them to reach their target market. I don't judge companies who would rather interact with their customers using FB or Twitter but i seriously find it unprofessional for a company to have a website which redirects its customers to its FB page. Who knows, maybe they prefer to adopt such approach!

Using social media platforms is in fact a very good marketing strategy for every company and organization. I would do the same if I were to advertise a product but however, I totally disagree that such an organization would use social platforms as the sole means of providing product details and information to potential customers this is what I think is unprofessional.

> >I think it depends because the Fb page manager usually responds quickly whenever i have questions. I prefer to visit Fb pages and look at the items being sold because i get to see how the other customers respond and whether they had a pleasant shopping experience etc. Yes, i agree that it's cooler to shop on Fb but like i said it depends on the target market.

I agree with you on a personal perspective.
But I still don't like the wait be it 10 mins or 1 hour. A website remains a more reliable source which is available for reference 24/24, 7/7

> For example, as a fashion designer student i won't be sending my CV to the Company's Fb Page via message. I would contact them using their website or via email.

Who would anyway? :)

Regards,

Cédric Poottaren
Software developer