Re: Emtel Airbox Packages

From: Cédric Poottaren <cedric_at_jcplaboratory.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 23:01:46 +0400

Hello Nadim,

I don't how far this applies to our ISPs (Emtel) but there's some theory on Wikipedia [1] about latency for internet satellite dish. I quote:

" The absolute
minimum total amount of delay
is variable, due to the satellite
staying in one place in the sky,
while ground based users can be
directly below with a roundtrip
latency of 239.6 ms, or far to the
side of the planet near the
horizon with a roundtrip latency
of 279.0 ms. [12]
For an internet packet, that
delay is doubled before a reply is
received. That is the theoretical
minimum. "

[1] en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_Internet_Access

Regards,

Cédric Poottaren
Software developer
http://jcplaboratory.org