Re: Mailing list netiquette

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 16:54:42 +0400

Hi Dan,

On 6/16/15 12:27 PM, Daniel Laeng wrote:

> Nice post Ish. I agree with everything in there.

Thank you.

> You don't mention anything about communication with external parties
> (people who are not subscribed to the list), or about how to use
> [Reply-All].**

I wrote about cross-posting initially. I've added the following lines in
the same section after seeing your email:

        Do not continue to include people in the CC field if the messages have
become a 2-way conversation. Make sure to verify the To and CC fields
properly when you click on [Reply All]. A first person might have
included a mail list in the CC field for a particular reason; the
primary recipients might not be your friends and you should perhaps
refrain from barging into the conversation. You could always start a
conversation with concerned people, especially those you do not know, in
a polite manner.

If anything requires re-phrasing, I am on listening mode :-)

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.