Re: FW: Notes of meeting of the Multistakeholder Forum‏

From: Daniel Laeng <daniel_at_laeng.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 01:03:38 +0400

Hi,

I've been busy for a couple of days, and I've come back to a wall of
angry emails. I'm going to mostly keep out of the arguments, but would
like to raise one issue that I think is important and does not seem to
have been discussed.

*MIU Members are spamming the Government - I think this has to stop*

The Government has made it clear that they do not want to receive spam
from MIU members. I've seen very little discussion on here about what
is going to be done to address this.

I have noticed two things on this mailing list:
**1.* *There are a number of people on the list who have very poor
understanding of email etiquette.*
2.* SM and others tend to email government representatives, and CC the
mailing list. This has a side effect of inviting the entire mailing
list into the conversation, and advertising the email address of the
government representative.

The combination of these points makes spam very likely. The resulting
spam is hurting the reputation of the MIU.

I think the situation could be improved significantly by making sure
that when somebody clicks [Reply All] on a MIU email, the resulting
reply should not ever go to a non MIU member.

Am I the only one who thinks we should sort this out?

Regards,

Dan.

p.s. The subject line of this email thread mentions the type of meeting,
not the topic of the meeting. That seems unhelpful.

--
Daniel Laeng
Software Developer