Re: Notes of meeting of the Multistakeholder Forum

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 03:12:31 -0700

Hello,
At 02:11 14-06-2015, Sun wrote:
>I see that a representative of the MIU is not allowed to share
>information about what happened in the Multi-stakeholder forum to
>the MIU. The first question that I would like to ask is, Why is
>those information being made confidential? If those information are
>released, would it harm the mission of the multi-stakeholder forum
>which I believe the mission is to take control of .mu

 From what I understood, a representative from a bank was not
comfortable about the discussions of the "committee" being seen by
people outside the "committee" and a representative from a regulatory
body was of the opinion that the procedure is to keep everything confidential.

According to the Mauritius .mu ccTLD registry its policies follows
"three principles: openness, transparency and fairness". A forum
about ".mu" which is not transparent harms any attempt to "take
control of .mu".

>Also, is sharing the information that, you cannot share information
>about the meeting, infringing their request to not share any
>information about the meeting?

Does that mean that I cannot even say that there was a meeting?