Re: Notes of meeting of the Multistakeholder Forum

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 08:31:42 -0700

Hi Sruti,
At 07:40 14-06-2015, Sruti Jughdharree wrote:
>Why did Ish remain quiet when the government officials described the
>mailing list as facebook? Did either of you explain to the
>government officials the difference between facebook and the mailing
>list? I believe that we should send women to represent us in future
>as they will probably not be afraid of speaking up when government
>officials request them to be quiet.

I am not sure whether Ish understood how to respond to what was
happening. I did not explain to the government officials the
difference between Facebook and a mailing list as it usually requires
a lot of time to explain that to people who believe that the internet
is Facebook.

A World Bank official sent me the following news article:
http://allafrica.com/stories/201506090272.html There is the
following in the news article:

    "Government, pointed out the Minister, is committed to come
forward with the
     right legal framework with regard to a Freedom of Information Act ..."

Near the end of the meeting of the multistakeholder forum, I
commented that there is supposed to be a Freedom of Information Act
and I asked whether the draft about the rules of the association for
the .mu ccTLD would be considered as confidential in such a case.