Re: 2015 SCJ 177

From: Jochen Kirstätter <mscc_at_kirstaetter.name>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:10:32 +0400

Hi,

On 10/06/2015 09:24, Ish Sookun wrote:
> [NIN as global reference]
> Yes. I agree it will be problematic. If data is tagged this way with a
> unique identifier it can be used to plot together a lot of information
> of an individual.

Yes, that comment was indeed very interesting because it will mean that
any expats won't to pay taxes anymore... ;-)
(Given that the TAN will be replaced by the NIN)

Well, using the NIN is a privacy concern and the topic has been mulled
over in European countries already. I remember that there had been
feisty discussions between politicians and data protection activists in
Germany about this approach, and it's not acceptable after all.

Also, that would provide a single point of failure, too.

--
Kind regards, Jochen
Founder of Mauritius Software Craftsmanship Community