Re: Workshop on Open Data Readiness Assessment

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 05:21:18 -0700

Hi Nadim,
At 20:29 08-06-2015, Mohammad Nadim wrote:
>The workshop was about Open Data Awareness.

Thank you for posting your notes about the workshop. It helps to
have notes from different persons as I do not capture all the
discussion or else I could make mistakes in writing down what
happened during a meeting.

>Someone from the Food and Agricultural Research and Extension
>Institute (FAREI) [1] said that they already provide open data but
>was unable to comment about the licencing of these datasets (when
>asked about the same by Amparo Ballivian). Hence, unfortunately, the
>data provided by FAREI cannot be classified as Open Data, until they
>have some proper licences...

That was one of the positive parts of the meeting as there is a
government department already making data publicly available.