Re: Workshop on Open Data Readiness Assessment

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 23:43:34 +0400

Hi SM,

On 6/8/15 11:05 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> There were comments about an Open Data Portal. I don't know whether it
> will be part of an existing web site. I did not ask about that as there
> was agreement between the Linux User Group Meta and the Mauritius
> Internet Users to focus on the release of the datasets instead of
> promoting a portal which will delay the release of the datasets.

Datasets and the means of distribution are supposed to be addressed
during the focused meeting. That is why I didn't stress upon that today,
even though at some point Ms Lewin mentioned about a "soft launch" which
kinda corresponds to what we'd be asking.

> I prefer to keep the Mauritius Internet Users from the private sector as
> I am not representing the private sector on Open Data. I may support
> some points from the private sector if it is in line with what was
> agreed to on the mailing list. I suggest considering what the private
> sector means in the context in which it was used.

Yes, I apologize for the amalgam of the word. I realize at some point
during my question I did use the word "private sector" and "user
groups". I should have stressed "user groups" which was more what I was
representing. Mauritius Internet Users falls more in a category of
consumers rather than being really a "user group". Correct me if that
definition is not appropriate.

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.