Re: "Re: Orange & Facebook"

From: Hisham MIJJOO <hishammijjoo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 23:48:21 +0400

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 9:30 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> At 12:28 30-05-2015, Hisham MIJJOO wrote:
>
>> As for those that I called useless competition are those that copy ideas
>> and present those with a little make-up... but with no difference or
>> innovation... they lose their time and our resources...!
>> Those peeps are not for innovation or development but for bucks!
>>

> Mr Vaibhav Parkhav, Nishith Desai Associates commented that "Silicon
> Valley is maybe even smaller than Mauritius" [1]. According to the United
> States Census Bureau the area is 1290 square miles. The size of Mauritius
> is less than that. In an interview Steve Wozniack commented that the story
> of "the garage is a bit of a myth".
>
> “The garage is a bit of a myth. It’s overblown,” Wozniak told Bloomberg
BusinessWeek
<http://www.bloomberg.com/video/steve-wozniak-on-steve-jobs-geekiness-and-starting-apple-GVS_jUoTQtGYj9fwLg8dbQ.html>
on
Thursday. *“The garage represents us better than anything else, but we did
no designs there. We would drive the finished products to the garage, make
them work and then we’d drive them down to the store that paid us cash.”*
Rightly said... its just a way of representing things...

A company with a small number of customers is not competing with the
> company with a large number of customers if it is selling the product at
> nearly the same price without any major difference in product.

Yes it does create competition... the target market may not be the same...
but its a shortfall for large companies...

  None of the companies are for innovation unless it will increase their
> profit.

Defnitely so... Why would an enterprise do business if not for profit? They
are not NPOs... However, bear in mind that what sells (innovations) are
derived from needs and wants of consumers... (Google, Apple, Microsoft...)

Would copying something from any place (see previous paragraph) help? I do
> not think so.

That's my point... No copying but innovating... think out of the box...

> There was the following comment from Mr Rambaran: 'Many in Mauritius
> always favour the "big dogs"'. Is it because of the "useless competition"?
>
> Firstly, thats' mindsets... Secondly, these big businesses know how to
capture their market... And thirdly, Yes it's partly because of those
"useless competition"... that create lack of trust, with little innovation,
wrong management, wrong marketing and the list goes on...

*"That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be
harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to
make it simple."* Steve Jobs

"*There's no shortage of remarkable business ideas, what's missing is the
will to execute them." *Seth Godin

Regards,

Hisham