Re: "Re: Orange & Facebook"

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 10:30:30 -0700

Hello,
At 12:28 30-05-2015, Hisham MIJJOO wrote:
>As for those that I called useless competition are those that copy
>ideas and present those with a little make-up... but with no
>difference or innovation... they lose their time and our resources...!
>Those peeps are not for innovation or development but for bucks!

Mr Vaibhav Parkhav, Nishith Desai Associates commented that "Silicon
Valley is maybe even smaller than Mauritius" [1]. According to the
United States Census Bureau the area is 1290 square miles. The size
of Mauritius is less than that. In an interview Steve Wozniack
commented that the story of "the garage is a bit of a myth".

A company with a small number of customers is not competing with the
company with a large number of customers if it is selling the product
at nearly the same price without any major difference in
product. None of the companies are for innovation unless it will
increase their profit. Would copying something from any place (see
previous paragraph) help? I do not think so. There was the
following comment from Mr Rambaran: 'Many in Mauritius always favour
the "big dogs"'. Is it because of the "useless competition"?

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSllP3ibGsE