Re: Orange & Facebook

From: Appadoo Dave <azezezaaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 21:15:51 +0400

Hey

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 8:34 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> The question you are asking is whether zero-rating will affect businesses
> in Mauritius in future. In my opinion, it will.

I also agree on zero-rating services impacting the local
businesses. Businesses aside, zero-rating service is a deterrent to
increasing or removal of data cap on the mobile internet packages imo.

> Should the Mauritius Internet Users do anything about this? Shelly would
> have to decide whether there are people who are willing to put in the
> effort into this.

If ever the MIU decides to do something, I would be glad to volunteer.
tbh I, as a customer, want to decide what internet services I want to use,
and not be limited to one or two services because they are zero-rating
while other services deplete mobile data packages.

Cheers,
EVad