2015 SCJ 177

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 12:40:50 -0700

Hi Ish,

I would like to thank you for not discussing about the biometrics
stuff on the mailing list. I'll congratulate you for your efforts
and the risks you have taken to pursue the matter. On 31 October
2014, a person whom you did not know approached you to thank you
about that. It is very rare to see something like that in Mauritius.

The 2015 SCJ 177 case was interesting in respect to privacy and
technology in Mauritius. The following is about your testimony: "has
said enough to impress upon us the risks and damages which the
storage and retention system adopted by the defendants would entail".