Re: Orange & Facebook

From: Appadoo Dave <azezezaaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 18:21:13 +0400

Hey

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 1:33 AM, Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
 wrote:

Do you think this is a good thing?

It's discriminatory to offer a zero-charge policy to one website while
users need to pay for access to other websites.

What if I want zero-rating service for another app (e.g. FamilyWall, or
> Twitter, etc), rather than Facebook?

I want zero-rating for any/all kind of apps, not just for a small number of
specific apps.

Who is benefiting from this? Is Facebook "sponsoring" this free internet to
> kill competition (from other social networking services, or from startups
> rising)?

Are there any local social network platform? If there are, will Orange
throttle connections towards these websites?

Is it in our advantage?

If I have an Emtel sim and want to access facebook for free, I'll have to
make the switch to Orange.
If everyone uses Orange, what happens to the rest of the cellular
operators?
Have ICTA made any announcement on the topic of zero-rating fb from Orange?

​Cheers,
EVad