Re: Orange & Facebook

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 07:44:07 -0700

Hi Sruti,
At 04:17 28-05-2015, Sruti Jughdharree wrote:
>As a student, I don't think it's a good idea. Unlimited access to
>Facebook is a big distraction for students. This is not in my
>advantage. It won't help me.
>
>Why unlimited access to Facebook though? Why not unlimited access to
>YouTube or to Twitter? Why not a more rapid Internet connection at
>an affordable price?

Facebook is probably paying Orange Mauritius. It is generally good
to push such deals in underdeveloped countries as the people are
naive about internet matters. Google is already paying
Orange. Twitter is not frequently used in Mauritius.

The current price for internet access is profitable for Orange and
Emtel. Those two companies do not have any reason to lower their prices.