Re: Mauritian Developers' Nework (MDN)

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 16:34:17 +0400

Hi SM, Cédric,

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 4:24 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> Thank you for explaining what you proposed. Why not use Facebook as a
> place where the community would stand out?

​Facebook is a more proper platform if you're organizing a "fancy fair". I
had the experience in the past. It's only good to spread the word, not to
gather commitment from people. You can't measure your event's success ​in
advance based on the "likes" and "going" of a facebook event.

I find the mailing list a more proper channel to engage and discuss
constructively, though we might have varied opinions.

​Regards,​

--
​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.