Mauritius Open Data Readiness Assessment

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 21:03:27 +0400

Dear Mr Hawabhay, My name is Shelly Hermia Bhujun. I am a final year student at the University of Mauritius and my dissertation involved developing an online service that could allow local stylists, tailors and small textile businesses to find raw materials on the market. My project involved knowing the textile industry as it is in Mauritius. Are tailors required to have a permit or license to effect business? If yes, I could use the data of how many tailors/stylists do business in the various regions of Mauritius. I could assess if my project would be viable and actually solve a real problem of searching raw materials locally. I need to know how many textile importers operate in the country. Mapping & connecting them with potential buyers could increase their sales and at the same time save the resources required by small businesses & tailors to travel across the island in order to find the right materials. Data pertaining to the textile industry will be beneficial to my projects.
Grateful if you could send me an invitation to the workshop.
Regards.