Re: WebCup 2015

From: Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 13:40:43 +0400

Hello Ish,

On 25 May 2015 at 12:24, Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in> wrote:

> Hello Nadim,
>
> On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> I've always told my collegues, especially Nirvan, with whom I do some
>> freelancing when time permits, that you should not think like a developer
>> but like a businessman + understand the clients' requirements. We are not
>> at school to get A+ for writing outstanding codes. We are here to (1) make
>> the client happy (2) provide something that won't make the client lose
>> money (3) we make money as a developer/"businessman." At the end of the
>> day, it's all that matters. <rude>fsck standards, fsck coding conventions,
>> fsck software engineering, fsck etc...</rude>
>>

> ​Indeed, it matters to make the client happy. However, there is a
> different in making a dumb client happy and a wise client happy. If I were
> your client and you showed me any of those WebCup sites as a 96 hours
> prototype. I would doubt your skills.

<jk>You can make the dump client happy by making a couple of websites for
him and get paid Rs 50M.</jk> Wise clients will only be interested in
getting sales and expect the solution you are providing converts!

Bear in mind it was 24hrs of continuous development and efficiency
decreases if you work long hours. In a team of 4, not everyone is a
front-end developer or designer, etc. So basically all the work (in a
particular area) are to be done by 1 or maybe 2.

> I could be your client but I have my standards vis-à-vis my own customers.
>
> Your comment sounds more like producing something for end-users with no
> technical background. However, when you produce something
> business-to-business, the "keep customer happy" is ​set to a higher bar.

See my comments while replying Vy-Shane's email.

Regards,
Nadim Attari