Re: WebCup 2015

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 12:24:48 +0400

Hello Nadim,

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've always told my collegues, especially Nirvan, with whom I do some
> freelancing when time permits, that you should not think like a developer
> but like a businessman + understand the clients' requirements. We are not
> at school to get A+ for writing outstanding codes. We are here to (1) make
> the client happy (2) provide something that won't make the client lose
> money (3) we make money as a developer/"businessman." At the end of the
> day, it's all that matters. <rude>fsck standards, fsck coding conventions,
> fsck software engineering, fsck etc...</rude>

​Indeed, it matters to make the client happy. However, there is a different
in making a dumb client happy and a wise client happy. If I were your
client and you showed me any of those WebCup sites as a 96 hours prototype.
I would doubt your skills.

I could be your client but I have my standards vis-à-vis my own customers.

Your comment sounds more like producing something for end-users with no
technical background. However, when you produce something
business-to-business, the "keep customer happy" is ​set to a higher bar.

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.