Re: Improved the internet in our region (was: Representative)

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 19:26:56 +0000

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6928

>> I strongly believe that Mauritius and Africa could have benefitted by
>> participating by testing and giving feedback on how the changes made
>> by US/EU developers to the Linux networking stack behave in our
>> context. As a bonus, it would be nice to be able to tweak the changes
>> for Mauritius ;)
>

> I didn't grasp this part. Does the code behave differently in our
> region/context?

Yes, it does, due to the conditions of our network links here.
See page 5.

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/78/slides/iccrg-3.pdf

> If this is true, it interests me & I would like to participate. What do you
> advise?

There was a long and interesting discussion regarding the pros and
cons of increasing the initial TCP window, when I proposed to
implement it in NetBSD :) It gave me different perspectives on how
people see the problem.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.devel.network/13518

You can set up a NetBSD box, and test the patch :)