Re: WebCup 2015

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 18:34:21 +0000

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 5:15 PM, vincent pollet <vincent_at_pongosoft.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> Same as every year the webcup went as planned :)
>
> It was fun spending 24h in a rooms with people working on websites
>
> Is it like a hackathon or a development competition ? certainly not !
>
> It is just a good experience for students or bunch of friends working on a
> project and pitching it in front of a jury.

Hi Vincent.

Ish reported that some teams literally strip the author's name from a
template and replaced it with their own.

I think that it's very important to prevent this from happening. As I said,
It's not a problem if they take someone's else work and modify it. But it's
clearly a clear violation of copyright, if they strip the author's name.

There was a similar case where it attracted significant criticism for
Mauritius:

http://www.getoto.net/noise/2011/06/27/unbelievable-statements-in-gpl-related-case-in-the-supreme-court-of-mauritius/

I think that it's important that the jury checks for violations such as
those above as it is an embarassment for Mauritius, and the Local IT
community.