Re: Achievements

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 13:10:59 +0400

Hi Dhiruj,

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Dhiruj Rambaran <dhiruj_at_shoponline.mu>
wrote:

> Lol.. exactly!_at_software written ms-sql server + asp.net(C#).

​Okay.

> I have fairly strong views against using open source. I have never voiced
> them out in public before as I know this community is largely open source.

​The Mauritius Internet Users is not about open source or free software.​

> However I do plan to write about my views, as well as reasoning behind
> such views, at a time where I have.. you guessed it.. "time".

​I respect people's opinion. We could discuss the subject over a beer some
day :-)​

> Also.. though the younger generation is all about open source now (and I
> would also have been dabbling in it too if I was younger), one must not
> forget there is an older generation whom, in our day, Linux was not really
> an option. Most in my day programmed in Fortan, pascal,C/C++/SQL, DBase etc.

​Some of the languages you mention work perfectly fine on Linux.​
I do not agree with "the younger generation is all about open source". We
have several universities/colleges in Mauritius and a tiny size of that use
or understand Free Software/Open Source in the real sense.

> If it makes anyone feel better, your time will come too :)) when
> linux/java/android etc is totally out.. and Z++ is in.

​If I find something else that replies to my needs & ideals, yes, I will
gladly embrace it :D​

​Regards,​

--
​Ish Sookun