Re: Achievements

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 09:48:52 +0400

Hello Dhiruj,

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 12:27 AM, Dhiruj Rambaran <dhiruj_at_shoponline.mu>
wrote:

> Well... a few weeks ago I presented a project to the Ministry of IT,
> attended by the PS and 8 others. The meeting lasted 2.5 hours after which
> they reached the conclusion that my project was "very good" but... they
> didn't know how to proceed with it! (for those who don't know what the
> project is.. it's to provide every business in mauritius their own free
> retail e-commerce website, together with physical delivery of goods and
> payment acceptance... more or less same biz model as an "Amazon
> e-Fulfillment Centre". And yes, the entire thing is on the Microsoft
> Cloud.. but i'm not making a fuss about it :) )

​Thank you for sharing this experience of yours. It might give an idea how
the people in the Ministry handle innovative projects of the citizens of
Mauritius.​

Do you have a particular reason why Microsoft cloud?

> MICT: Of course we do. It's a great project. But we're just not sure how
> to get through to them now.

​From the conversation you shared & especially the above line, I would
conclude that this person isn't qualified to handle "innovative" projects.
If he cannot represent you vis-à-vis other ministries then it means he did
not understand the project & is not enthusiastic about his work. You cannot
expect boring people to innovate. He does not understand the technicalities
& cannot pave a way forward for you. He should resign from his "number 3"
position as it is a waste of taxpayers money.

You cannot wait 5 years expecting the Ministry of "Innovation" to look into
your project. In 5 years things do not innovate, they become obsolete.​

​Regards,​

--
​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.