Re: Emtel Cloud - 1010.mu is down

From: Dhiruj Rambaran <dhiruj_at_shoponline.mu>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:44:28 +0400

I'm just wondering why say something is "something" when, in fact, it
really isn't.

It's basically someone putting something on Azure and being on the phone
to answer your questions. For that it made it into Le Defi (ermm).

I struggle to see what all this is really about and, in any case, I also
don't see the value of having a cloud on a datacentre in Mauritius. With
fibre optics everywhere (soon) i'm just wondering is the proximity of
the datacentre (if it were hosted in Arsenal, Mauritius) an advantage
or, through lack of superior technical support (in Arsenal), a
disadvantage?

So I guess the case will be (at the moment) that you can ring someone at
Emtel who would then refer the matter to microsoft but, in future, they
may host it on their own datacentre to which you ring someone at Emtel
who would then have to resolve it themselves.

Dhiruj