Re: Emtel Cloud - 1010.mu is down

From: Jochen Kirstätter <mscc_at_kirstaetter.name>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 11:56:08 +0400

Hi,

It's loading - just tried it from several geo-locations.

On 16/05/2015 11:44, Benoit Gentil wrote:
> Emtel launched its cloud service yesterday 1010.mu. There is an
> article about it in today l'express and their website is currently not
>
> In the article they even says that the emtel cloud is 100% secure and
> beats Google and Microsoft in terms of security.

Well, it's an article in the newspaper... has to be the truth, eh?

Okay, that said. The 1010.mu platform is (currently) running on
Microsoft Azure in US West data centre. This has already been addressed
on Facebook with a direct response by Emtel; IIRC, the posting was made
by Ish - Sorry, too lazy to "prove" the statement with a link.

Apart from that, as the MSCC is currently testing the 1010 Essential
Bundle [1]. I have to say that it's just a multi-site customised
WordPress infrastructure. As for security, well, WP version 4.0 doesn't
sound motivating and reassuring, at least to me.

My interpretation of this set up is that Emtel might run 1010.mu
currently on Azure until they either have the necessary resources to
shift it to their own data centre or they might wait and see whether
there is an economic threshold passed before relocating it in Mauritius.
I have no hard facts about this, just putting into an economic point of
view.

PS: If any MIU and/or MSCC member is interested to play with the test
site, feel free to get in touch with me.

[1] http://mscc.1010.mu
--
Kind regards, Jochen
Founder of Mauritius Software Craftsmanship Community