Re: Emtel Cloud - 1010.mu is down

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 01:34:21 -0700

Hi Benoit,
At 00:44 16-05-2015, Benoit Gentil wrote:
>Emtel launched its cloud service yesterday 1010.mu. There is an
>article about it in today l'express and their website is currently
>not loading. It seems that their cloud cannot handle traffic surge.

The web site loaded in my browser. However, I found the web site
quite slow. The server status is viewable at
https://portal.1010.mu/serverstatus.php (login required).

>In the article they even says that the emtel cloud is 100% secure
>and beats Google and Microsoft in terms of security.

I took a look at the 1010.mu It is hosted on the Microsoft Azure
Cloud service. The latency is approximately 317 ms. How can a
"cloud" built on the Microsoft Azure Cloud service beat Microsoft in
terms of security? Can the claim that the Emtel cloud is 100% secure
be proven?

The latency for fodytechnologies.com is 249 ms. Why is
fodytechnologies.com beating 1010.mu in terms of latency?