Re: Emtel Cloud - 1010.mu is down

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 12:06:47 +0400

Hi Benoit,

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Benoit Gentil <benoit_at_fodytechnologies.com
> wrote:
>

> Emtel launched its cloud service yesterday 1010.mu. There is an article
> about it in today l'express and their website is currently not loading. It
> seems that their cloud cannot handle traffic surge.
>
> In the article they even says that the emtel cloud is 100% secure and
> beats Google and Microsoft in terms of security.

​I just tested. It is loading at my place but I notice the same initial
"latency" while I tested Azure last month. I used US-West. I tried Azure
with my blog hacklog.in for about 1 week or so. Then I reverted back.

Emtel's 1010.mu is a shared hosting service built on Azure. Nothing is
hosted locally. I find it weird for an ISP having 2 Datacenters (don't know
if it's more) in Mauritius to actually built a hosting service outside
Mauritius.

Regards,​

--
​Ish Sookun