Re: Internet/bandwidth situation in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 03:20:47 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 23:03 13-05-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Looks like I found why my email is not reaching icta_at_intnet.mu. The
>error I receive is as follows:
>
>5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 <icta_at_imail.icta.mu>:
>Recipient address rejected
>
>I have set my SPF settings to "hard fail" and when Mauritius
>Telecom's MTA relays the email to icta.mu it envelopes the same as
>if originating from intnet.mu (which is not true).

Can you send me the complete error message off-list?

>I am resident of Providence and I use Internet there everyday. I
>don't know if there is an employee of ICTA who lives in the vicinity
>and could give the higher officials of ICTA a different picture of
>the Internet situation.
>
>I repeat there is no other ISP, except Orange, who provides 1Mbps
>unlimited connection for Rs 949 in Providence. So, if the Director
>says there are eight ISPs, maybe he should rather clarify the zones
>in which these ISPs operate. You can't claim ICT is booming in
>Mauritius by putting "eight" ISPs in the towns and let the rest of
>the country at a disadvantage.

The Executive Director of the ICTA gave the number of ISP licences in
Mauritius. It seems that the reporter read that as the number of
ISPs selling internet access to consumers in Mauritius.

I would volunteer to help you with your ISP problem. I cannot do
anything about the rest of the country as the people in those areas
do not have any ISP problem.