Re: Fwd: Workshop on the occasion of the World Telecommunication and Information Society Day 2015

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 15:09:54 -0700

Hello,
At 10:30 13-05-2015, Mohammad Nadim wrote:
>Since LUGM and MIU have collaborated successfully in the past on
>several occasions, would you like to participate in a Workshop on
>the occasion of the World Telecommunication and Information Society
>Day 2015, together with Ish Sookun, who will be representing LUGM as PR?

In 2006 the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution
(60-252) to proclaim 17 May annual World Information Society Day. In
2006 the International Telecommunication Union adopted a resolution
(68, Rev. Antalya) to celebrate World Telecommunication and
Information Society Day on 17 May. Why is the National Computer
Board calling 18 May "World Telecommunication and Information Society
Day 2015"?

I read the programme for the proposed workshop. The topic that looks
related to "Innovation" and "Mauritius" is "Innovative Public service
with ICT". There is also a topic about boosting innovation for
"SMART Mauritius" by a Program Director of IBM UK. I would like to
comment on those two topics from an "Internet in Mauritius" perspective.

Does anyone have comments about those two topics?