RE: Le Web 4.0

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 06:42:09 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 05:25 12-05-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>Here's an article i read from Le Matinal today:
>
>http://www.lematinal.com/sci-tech/8326-icub-le-robot-enfant-qui-montre-de-vraies-emotions.html

I found the words used in that news article in another article
published on 25 March:
http://fr.canoe.ca/techno/materiel/archives/2015/03/20150325-152226.html

>touching-just like a human. The purpose of designing such robots is
>to facilitate human to robot interaction. I guess its because it is
>more easy to communicate with something that is visually similar/
>looks like humans.

Yes.

>Getting back to the article i read. This is not similar to
>ex-machina (which is to my opinion the perfect human-like robot they
>built or designed so far- but that's just in movies) but it is the
>beginning of such kind of inventions that can eventually results to
>building robots like ex-machina! who knows!
>
>Here are other links where you can read about some of the humanoid
>robots designed so far:
>
>http://www.forbes.com/sites/susankalla/2015/01/20/human-like-robots-are-getting-jobs/

Thanks for sharing that article. I have not read it before. The
academic paper about Eulerian video magnification is at
http://people.csail.mit.edu/mrub/papers/vidmag.pdf

>http://mashable.com/2014/06/24/japans-new-robots-are-scary/

That article mentions the "uncanny valley". It is an interesting topic.