Re: Note of Meeting for Multi-Stakeholder Forum held on 22 April 2015

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 15:02:37 -0700

Hello,
At 12:51 06-05-2015, Appadoo Dave wrote:
>Can someone clarify what is meant by adopting a "MCCI model" and why
>the restrictive membership is not favourable? I read the minutes of
>meeting and these are some of the things I didn't understand.

That "MCCI model" is similar to the model described in the proposal
at http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/mu-governance-model-26022015.doc

Restrictive membership means that you are not be eligible to be a
member of the entity running the .mu ccTLD or you are not eligible to
choose the members of the "board" of the entity.

> - Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation
> - National Computer Board (NCB)
> - Central Informatics Bureau
> - Information and Communication Technologies Authority
> - Mauritius Telecom
> - Mauritius Bankers Association
> - Internet Society of Mauritius
> - University of Mauritius
> - Mauritius Chamber of Commerce and Industry
> - Hot Link Co Ltd
>

>This is surprising; not at least one of the mentioned organisations
>have the technical expertise to deal on this matter.
>Since they lack the technical expertise wouldn't it have been better
>to call for public comments on the technical document first so as to
>have a more thorough discussion? Then assess whether or not to
>acquire foreign expertise?

The technical document was provided for informational purposes. It
was to find out whether the proposal [1] was workable instead of it
being some committee report which would not work in practice.

It is useful to have a thorough discussion before an important
decision is taken. None of the members present at the meeting
proposed to call for public comments.

1. http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/mu-selectcommittee-proposal-apr2015.pdf