Re: Note of Meeting for Multi-Stakeholder Forum held on 22 April 2015

From: Appadoo Dave <azezezaaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 23:51:08 +0400

Hey hello

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 9:11 PM, Shelly Hermia Bhujun <
shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am against adopting an MCCI model for the .mu ccTLD as the model has a
> very restrictive membership. It is to be noted that the MCCI is a body for
> businesses and it does not include the average Internet user in Mauritius
> to express their opinion.

Can someone clarify what is meant by adopting a "MCCI model" and why the
restrictive membership is not favourable? I read the minutes of meeting and
these are some of the things I didn't understand.

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 4:08 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> The representative of the ICTA proposed hiring a Board member of ICANN as,
> from what I understood, the following organisations did not have the
> technical expertise to understand the technical document which was
> circulated:
> - Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation
> - National Computer Board (NCB)
> - Central Informatics Bureau
> - Information and Communication Technologies Authority
> - Mauritius Telecom
> - Mauritius Bankers Association
> - Internet Society of Mauritius
> - University of Mauritius
> - Mauritius Chamber of Commerce and Industry
> - Hot Link Co Ltd

This is surprising; not at least one of the mentioned organisations have
the technical expertise to deal on this matter.
Since they lack the technical expertise wouldn't it have been better to
call for public comments on the technical document first so as to have a
more thorough discussion? Then assess whether or not to acquire foreign
expertise?

Cheers,
EVad