Re: IPV4 to IPV6 from Emtel

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 13:18:41 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 10:58 04-05-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I was listening to best FM and i heard that Emtel will switch from
>IPV4 to IPV6 in approx 2 years. I couldn't find anything published
>in the newspapers. Has any heard about it? How is it going to change
>Internet in Mauritius?
>
>Please be non-technical in your answer.

There was a news article on 29 April about Emtel and IPv6 in Le
Mauricien. Each time AfriNIC organises one if its free seminars
about IPv6 I hear that something is going to change. The Emtel web
site states that "Emtel is an IPv6-Ready Telcommunications Service
Provider". A quick test of www.emtel.com would show that the web
site does not support IPv6.

I do not think that Emtel switching from IPv4 to IPv6 will change the
internet in Mauritius.