Re: IPV4 to IPV6 from Emtel

From: Luchmun Sadhveer Sharma <ssyluchmun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 22:26:42 +0400

Hello

The MBC showed a coverage on Emtel switching to IPV6. Unfortunately I paid
attention to what the speaker was saying quite late and could not gather
more details.

(Off topic but related to Emtel)

Last week, a representative from Emtel gave a presentation on Fiber Optics
at University of Mauritius. The presentation was mainly on how Fiber Optics
was developed through years and the various ways to implement it.

The representative of Emtel stated that he is not allowed to tell the
projects in which he is working related to Fiber Optics.

For those who are curious on how fiber optic cables are connected to
Mauritius, the following links show how the submarine cable systems and
landing stations. There are currently two cables connected to Mauritius
(SAFE and LION)

http://submarinecablemap.com/

http://submarinecablemap.com/#/submarine-cable/safe

http://submarinecablemap.com/#/submarine-cable/lower-indian-ocean-network-lion