ADSL FTTH

From: fluxy <fx_at_fluxy.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 20:57:55 +0400

Hello People,
I have a major issue with our beloved Orange ISP.

I am a subscriber to the ADSL Home 2M package which costs Rs. 1 349 and
includes a bandwidth of up to 2 048 kbps download (unlimited transfer).
I was interested in the myT fiber package (despite the fact that I feel
deeply against the TV stuffs that I do not intend to use) 20M which costs
Rs. 1 499 and includes a bandwidth of up to 20 Mbps within 100 GB transfer
after which the speed is 2 Mbps.

When I went to the orange shop (Plaine Verte - all my dealings happen
there), I was told there was also « ADSL » fiber packages, with the same
cost / data transfer as the myT. They tried to contact me on my phone line
but since I did not have a telephone device connected to my line (I do not
use their fixed line services although I am charged a rental fee), I did
not get the call. I was told if I am ok with it, they would do the
conversion to FTTH after which I could subscribe to a 20 Mbps similar to
the myT.

The installation was done on Monday 2nd February, without interruption to
my internet service (but the service was still at the 2M package).
Immediately after the conversion, I called orange to request an upgrade to
the package but was told my request could not be entertained since I was
calling from my mobile phone and not the fixed line that was concerned with
the installation. I was told to either fill a form in a customer care or
call from the line. I chose the former and duly filled the form. The next
day, seeing no change in my internet speed, I called orange again, this
time (after having bought and installed a phone device) from my phone line.
I was told the upgrade would be done.

After a few days I called them, and was told there was a problem with the
upgrade and technicians would attend to it, but they couldn't give me a
time frame. The next day I called again and an agent told me (rudely may I
add) that an email was sent to the technicians and they would get back to
me.

More than a month later (I had personal constraints that took my attention
and time away from this whole affair), still nothing. I went to the
customer care, a guy was very patient and polite, tried to call several
people until he got someone who would do the job (I overheard that there
was a configuration issue with my line/upgrade request). The guy assured me
the job would be done by Tuesday (it was a Saturday). Couple of weeks
later, still nothing, I went again to the customer care, the same guy,
polite as always, told me that honestly the fiber packages weren't
available for ADSL and that it would be better for me to get myT, and that
I would get it within two weeks.

This time enough is enough I decided and I wish to enforce my customer
rights.

Any ideas what to do anyone?

Thanking you in anticipation,
Best Regards,