Re: Minutes of the meeting of the Multi–stakeholder Forum

From: Benoit Gentil <benoit_at_fodytechnologies.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 21:11:46 +0400

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm the representative of the .MU Registrars. In the .MU Select
Commitee, I didn't agree to the MCCI model as it is a limited membership
where only organisations are members of the .MU Registry. Such a model
does not represent the local internet community. It is an issue if the
government is moving from the current private limited entity to a
non-profit which lacks transparency.

It would have been best to have a model where the public in Mauritius
could easily become members of the .MU Registry and where anyone can be
elected to become board members of that organisation.

ICTA proposed in a draft document made on the 18 March 2015 to enlist Mr
Chris Disspain who is an ICANN board member as a consultant. This is a
conflict of interest and this is to be avoided.

Best Regards,

*Benoit Gentil*

Director

Fody Technologies Logo