Re: National Commercial Bank (SSL Certificate)

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 21:22:32 +0400

Hello Shelly,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 8:58 PM, Shelly Hermia Bhujun <
shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Do you think that people are aware of the online security issues? for
> example... i asked my parents about it and they said no. How many people do
> you think know about the green bar or the little lock icon and the https
> stuff?

​I was once asked about my opinion on Internet banking (IB). I answered
that I do not trust IB​ and use it only in specific cases. It was weird as
the people who asked me the question said they expected a different answer.

I am a customer at MCB Ltd. I have seen adverts about MCB Juice and IB is
highly encouraged by bank officers. A major security issue, Superfish[1],
recently affected Lenovo. Some of those Lenovo notebooks could be into
circulation in Mauritius. Is MCB IB or Internet banking of any other bank
(say National Commercial Bank) safe in the presence of Superfish?

​[1]
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2915292/lenovo-ships-free-os-recovery-media-for-superfishaffected-laptops.html

​Regards,​

--