Re: National Commercial Bank (SSL Certificate)

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 13:58:50 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 09:58 29-04-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>But you did contact the bank right? and they ignored your mail. So
>i'll eventually doubt

I sent an email to the bank. The email was rejected by their mail server.

> the fact that they'll respond to the customers mail if they
> enquire about that issue. I don't know if the customers did notice
> the green bar or not. Maybe they'll just rely on the fact that the
> bank wrote great information about online security and eventually
> carry out online banking transactions.

It is better to ask than to rely on doubts especially if you are a customer.

>Do you think that people are aware of the online security issues?
>for example... i asked my parents about it and they said no. How
>many people do you think know about the green bar or the little lock
>icon and the https stuff?

I do not think that people are aware of the online security
issues. I also do not think that people know about the "green bar"
or the little padlock icon, or the https stuff.

>Maybe this is one of the reason why some are easily conned and there
>are phishing problems in Mauritius.

Yes.