Re: DevCon

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 02:18:11 -0700

Hi Azmad,

I am copying my reply to the mailing list.

In the case of the pink tote there were only Ish and Logan helping
Shelly. I don't think that we fit the description of a community.

DevCon (and the MSCC) provided us with an opportunity to talk about
the internet in Mauritius. What we did was a beginner
presentation. There is a lot of interesting stuff which I did not
include in the presentation, e.g. some content from Nadim.

The plan for the presentation about privacy was to show what we can
design (and develop) in Mauritius. We did not cover that at all
during the session due to lack of time (it was not a DevCon
problem). As there was low interest in the privacy session we
probably won't do a presentation on that topic in future.

Some of the DevCon sessions might have been recorded. I suggest
contacting the organisers for information about that.

Ish commented about the coverage by the local press. Shouldn't there
have been some news articles if the local press was interested in the
information technology sector?