Re: Given enough money, all bugs will shallow

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 05:55:25 +0000

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 3:44 AM, Jochen Kirstätter
<mscc_at_kirstaetter.name> wrote:
> Hi SM,
>
> On 15/04/2015 05:35, S Moonesamy wrote:
>
> Hi Logan,
> At 22:20 13-04-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>
> Here's an excellent article as to why companies should fund Open Source :-)
>

> There is only one member of the Linux User Group Meta writing open source
> code. There were six persons at the University of Mauritius interested in
> packaging Linux-based software. There isn't much interest in Linux.
>

> What a bold and generalised statement!
>
> There were only 8 people during last month's MSCC meetup on Windows 10 and
> ASP.NET 5.
> According to your logic: There isn't much interest in Windows and Microsoft
> technology.

I think that there is interest in both Linux and Windows, but not
enough to get a large number of people together in a room, on a
weekend. I have never seen more than 50 people in a Linux user group
meeting, despite the fact that we have more than 100 Linux users in
Mauritius.

By "isn't much interest", SM is talking about getting large number of
people together and start doing things.

> Seriously?
>
> The software which have been the cause of problems (in Mauritius) are
> Wordpress and Drupal. Are you asking for companies in Mauritius to fund
> that?
>

> That's why there are numerous blog entries written by Ish regarding poor
> configuration of Microsoft SharePoint 2010.

I hope that those companies migrate to Open Source soon, when they
will wake up and realise how agile they can become, thanks to the
great flexibility that Open Source offers :-)