Re: Given enough money, all bugs will shallow

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 03:45:52 +0000

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 1:35 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hi Logan,
> At 22:20 13-04-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>>
>> Here's an excellent article as to why companies should fund Open Source
>> :-)
>

> There is only one member of the Linux User Group Meta writing open source
> code. There were six persons at the University of Mauritius interested in
> packaging Linux-based software. There isn't much interest in Linux.

That's true :-)

> The software which have been the cause of problems (in Mauritius) are
> Wordpress and Drupal. Are you asking for companies in Mauritius to fund
> that?

If it's a product that they rely on, and which is critical for their
business, I don't see any argument against. If there's vulnerability
in drupal or wordpress, local companies are losing when the customer
is angry.

Same argument for Linux, and BSD. There are many companies relying on
them for hosting websites. If there's another heartbleed, and their
business/company model is threatened, why shouldn't they fund people
who can improve security ?