Re: Given enough money, all bugs will shallow

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 23:36:53 -0700

Hi Jochen, Logan,
At 20:44 14-04-2015, Jochen Kirstätter wrote:
>What a bold and generalised statement!
>
>There were only 8 people during last month's
>MSCC meetup on Windows 10 and ASP.NET 5.
>According to your logic: There isn't much
>interest in Windows and Microsoft technology.
>
>Seriously?

Microsoft sells software. Some of that money it
earns is used for developing the software or
fixing bugs. I'll use OpenSSH as an example of
Open Source Software. The software is available
for free. There isn't significant funding for
developing the software or fixing bugs in it.

There was a proposal last year to provide funding
to companies in Mauritius for Open Source related
projects. There wasn't any interest from companies.

There are about 10 persons at the few events
which this group organised. I would say that
there isn't much interest in this group. I could
say that the group is doing great things but I
don't think that is a honest answer. The group
does not have to convince companies or
individuals to be interested in the Internet (in Mauritius).

>That's why there are numerous blog entries
>written by Ish regarding poor configuration of Microsoft SharePoint 2010.

I found two blog entries about SharePoint issues
(in Mauritius) on the blog. Ish deserves credit
for discussing about the gov.mu security issues
while nobody else was interested in doing
that. His blog articles were to "[highlight]
malpractices at every level within the ICT Ministry" [1].

At 22:55 14-04-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>By "isn't much interest", SM is talking about getting large number of
>people together and start doing things.

Yes.

1. http://hacklog.in/e-government-portal-sharepoint-exposed/