Re: Website security

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 01:21:09 -0700

Hi Vincent,
At 23:58 09-04-2015, vincent pollet wrote:
>I dont agree that Webcup is only about money and sponsors it is for
>the young web dev who want to demonstrate their skills, don't
>misunderstand what am saying It is not a hackaton it is another type
>of competition but i can tell you for sure that creating a something
>and pitching your project in front of judges is a skill that many
>developers need to grow for their career.

Ok.

>Regarding ICT.IO article on cloud computing well thank you for
>reading our website and If you have a website that is generating
>money online ! well good for you :) it is hard to achieved this in
>Mauritius trust me ! you should first say thank you to your web
>agencies as they did a good job and provided you with a website that
>is converting visits into sales ! then don't shout at them but
>reinvest some of that money you made to enhance security on your
>website and it will be just fine for you.

There wasn't any report of a security issue affecting webcup.fr.

The previous thread was about web security. It was triggered by the
security issue which affected cpanel3.intnet.mu. Mauritius Telecom
responded to the report. I talked to a person from the Mauritius
Telecom about the issue. I explained that the Mauritius Internet
Users is neutral and sending private reports would negatively affect
that. It would also perpetuate the culture of secrecy where we hide
problems instead of discussing about them.

Why should users say thank you to web agencies which develop web
sites without minimal security? The group does support (business)
companies in Mauritius. That does not mean that a few of us will not
say anything when there is a problem. I don't think that it is
useful to shout at, for example, an inexperienced system
administrator for what his or her company does.

The discussion about web security will not affect your company if it
does not have any business interests in Mauritius or if it did not
develop web sites such as the chicken-related one [1].

1. www.qualitevolaille.mu