Re: WebCup 2015 (was: Website security)

From: vincent pollet <vincent_at_pongosoft.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 10:58:23 +0400

Hello

Hard to reply to everyone but I will try to reply in one email :)

I was not part of the Webcup edition 2013 but i can assure you that the
first thing i did when joining the web cup team in 2014 was go go through
all the blog post I could find regarding the 2013 edition and advise the
team on what could be improve.

I think that edition 2014 was better but am sure there are areas were we
can still improve. I know that edition 2013 was a bit of a mess as it was
the first international edition ever.

I dont agree that Webcup is only about money and sponsors it is for the
young web dev who want to demonstrate their skills, don't misunderstand
what am saying It is not a hackaton it is another type of competition but i
can tell you for sure that creating a something and pitching your project
in front of judges is a skill that many developers need to grow for their
career.

Regarding security and the choices of the theme, well there is not much we
can do about it here in Mauritius but I will forward your comments.

Regarding ICT.IO article on cloud computing well thank you for reading our
website and If you have a website that is generating money online ! well
good for you :) it is hard to achieved this in Mauritius trust me ! you
should first say thank you to your web agencies as they did a good job and
provided you with a website that is converting visits into sales ! then
don't shout at them but reinvest some of that money you made to enhance
security on your website and it will be just fine for you.

Cheers guys,

*VINCENT POLLET *| *CO-FOUNDER*

*PONGO SOFT LTD. *
EBENE CYBERCITY - MAURITIUS