RE: MIU

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 17:31:30 +0400

Thank you SM ^^
> 'Why isn't the Mauritius Internet Users on Facebook? :-) '
Well...my opinion- FB is different. The audience and the approach to the content or topics being discussed would be mostly shared or 'liked' and i don't think that it's a culture you would like or i don't think that it was your objective. FB is a platform where people would just click on 'like' for almost anything without really paying attention. The number of likes wouldn't necessary mean that the message is being delivered or we're creating awareness or stuff. The message would still be read by people who really care about what's being said. So, maybe that would leave us with the same number of people interacting on the mailing list right now. And...... this is why we're on the mailing list? :S or.. the mailing list is better because you know who's subscribing.. and there's more control... you can easily unsubscribe any person who would be rude or say something irrelevant or whatever...
So... that's one of the reason why i think MIU is not on FB... :S Please share your opinion now.. well... the real reason why we do not interact on FB.
Thank you. Cheers! \m/