Re: MIU

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 11:18:21 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 09:16 08-04-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I was just wondering.... how did the mailing start?..why was it
>created? What are the objectives? How it all started... etc.. :S

Logan convinced me to do something in Mauritius. I did a
presentation at a Linux User Group Meta meeting after that. I sent
the following to the mailing list in January 2014:

Mauritius has been connected to the Internet since a long time. Up
to now there hasn't a place to discuss about the issues relevant to
internet users in Mauritius. It is difficult to tackle the issues
relevant to Mauritius when there isn't a local community which can
discuss and reach a common position on how to solve the issues.

There aren't objectives as such. The current initiatives are:

   1. Working on the .mu problem(s)

   2. Getting 100 Mbps local internet access at an affordable price

Why isn't the Mauritius Internet Users on Facebook? :-)