Re: Thunderbird email sending duplicates

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:38:43 +0400

On रविवार 29 मार्च 2015 04:23 अपराह्न, Daniel Laeng wrote:

>> Using Thunderbird "after" a long time actually. Used to have it at
>> work 2 years ago with all my rules making filtering easier.
> I don't think it makes sense to have a email client do your filtering.
> That works much better on the server side. Both GMail and Fastmail have
> decent filtering.

Speed-wise, yes. That's one of the things I would argue about when
opting for web-mail. However, I've had painful moments trying to use
Gmail filters. I would create a filter to finally find an email showing
up both in the Inbox and the designated folder. Then there is the
"label". So, I would all the time confuse labels and filters.

On the left pane, I every time had to click in order to toggle and see
additional folders. It would then fold back.

So, I had to learn a lot more stuffs that were maybe unique to Gail. I
ended up switching back simpler things. Use an email client with simple
rules of moving/copying emails to folders.

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.