Re: Gmail with IMAP

From: Jochen Kirstätter <mscc_at_kirstaetter.name>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 07:59:13 +0400

Hi Ish,

On 28/03/2015 00:33, Ish Sookun wrote:
> Anybody using Gmail with an email client such as Thunderbird? If yes,
> do you use IMAP or POP? Now, in case of IMAP are you happy with
> syncing speed.

Yes, as it isn't my primary account, it's okay.
Furthermore, you can adjust the interval in Thunderbird to check for new
email. See Account Settings > Server Settings to modify the interval.
Eventually, there might be limitations by Google regarding a minimum value.

On the other hand I also noticed that the refresh feature on the website
doesn't act instantly and it takes time.

--
Kind regards, Jochen
Founder of Mauritius Software Craftsmanship Community